Nurse » Clinic Info and Resources

Clinic Info and Resources

Mrs. Chandra Burnside, MSN, RN, CNL, IBCLC
School Nurse
703-528-6781 ext 228
All health files for students at St. Thomas More Cathedral School are handled in Magnus Health, our electronic health record system. Most of our health files are paperless for the 2021-2022 school year. Magnus can be accessed at the top right icon bar on our website. 
All new enrollees, all rising Kindergarteners, and all preschoolers (even returning preschoolers) must have a health care provider complete the Commonwealth School Entrance Health Form. 

Students who require medications during the school day (either regularly or from time to time) will need to have additional paperwork completed by their healthcare provider. Some common conditions and their required paperwork are outlined below. As a courtesy the forms are attached on the right menu, however submission is only accepted via upload to Magnus (forms are also available to download and print from your Magnus account). Any questions should be directed to our school nurse at
Asthma: students will require an Inhaler Authorization Form and an Allergy Action Plan. 
Attention disorders: students will require a completed Medication Authorization Form for any medications to be taken during the school day for management of attention issues. Because these drugs are often controlled substances, we strongly prefer families partner with their care providers to arrange doses outside of the school day.

Diabetes: students will require a Diabetes Melitus Management Plan, a Medication Authorization Form for insulin, a Medication Authorization Form for Baqsami/glucagon, and a Diabetes Quick Reference Guide.

Epilepsy/seizure disorder: students will require a completed Seizure Action Plan, as well as a Medication Authorization Form for any maintenance or emergency medications supplied for school day use.

Food Allergies: students will require a Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Plan, as well as specific authorization forms for injectable epinephrine, and any antihistamines that are a part of the plan. 

Other chronic illnesses: it is our hope that medications will be administered at home to the greatest extent possible. Please reach out to the clinic if your child will require medications at school for other diagnoses. These medications will also require a Medication Authorization Form signed by a healthcare provider.
The Magnus daily health assessment must be completed by 7:15 am Monday-Friday. Individuals who do not have a completed health assessment submitted will not be allowed to leave their cars during arrival.

Please review the questions below. If the answer to any of these questions is YES, please do not come to school. You must consult the school nurse and your healthcare provider for further guidance.

1. Does this person have a temperature of 100.4 degrees F or higher or the sense of having a fever?
2. Does this person have a NEW loss of sense of taste or smell?3. Does this person have a NEW uncontrollable cough, especially accompanied with shortness of breath, that cannot be attributed to another condition (or a worsening from their norm if this person is asthmatic)?4. Has this person vomited or had an episode of diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
5. Does this person have a NEW sore throat that can not be attributed to another condition?
6. Does this person have a NEW severe headache that cannot be attributed to another condition?
7. Has this person tested positive for the virus that causes COVID-19 in the last ten days?
8. Has this person spent more than 15 minutes within six feet of contact (with or without a face covering) of someone found to be COVID-19 positive within the last 14 days?
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) information and resources: