The Extended Day Program at St. Thomas More Cathedral School provides high quality child care administered by a caring staff. Open to students in Kindergarten - 8th grade, families can utilize this program before and after school, on an as-needed basis. Pre-K families have a different extended day program, with it's own registration process completed during enrollment; therefore, it is not necessary to complete this registration process.
Our Extended Day program utilizes a contactless attendance system through Procare. This system allows registered families to check-out from Extended Day by using the Procare Connect Childcare App on their mobile device. After registration is complete, you will receive detailed instructions on how to create your Procare Connect account.
In order to adhere to current licensing guidelines, all students must be registered for morning and/or afternoon Extended Day before the first day of school. The maximum capacity for afternoon Extended Day is180 students. There is no waitlist so families can drop-in as needed! Families new to afternoon extended day, will be contacted via email before the first day of school with detailed information about the ProCare app. Returning Extended Day families will not receive this email so once registration is submitted with the necessary documents, your child can use extended day as needed.
7:00am - 7:40am
3:15pm - 6:15pm
- Registration Fee: $100 per student. Must be paid at the time of registration.
- Services will be billed to your FACTS account according to the schedule below:
- 1 child - $9.00 per hour or any portion of an hour
- 2 children - $16.00 per hour or any portion of an hour
- 3 children - $23.00 per hour or any portion of an hour
- 4 children - $30.00 per hour or any portion of an hour
Billing and Payment
- Families are billed on the 15th and 30th of each month, for the preceding two weeks, through FACTS.
- Services are billed at an hourly rate or any portion of an hour, per child.
- All accounts are due and payable upon receipt. Payments received beyond the due date may be assessed a late fee of either $10.00 or 10% of the total past due, whichever is greater. Lack of payment or consistently delinquent payments may result in suspension of services or dismissal from the program.
Pick-Up & Late Pick-Up Policies
Orderly and prompt pick-up from Extended Day is a condition of participation in the program. In the event of an emergency or if there is a change to the student’s normal pick-up arrangement (i.e., the student is to go home with another family), please notify the Extended Day Director and school office by filling out the Dismissal Change Request Form and submit it prior to 2:30pm that day.
Any students not picked up from Pre-K Extended Day by the 6:00pm close time will be sent to the K-8th Extended Day. A late fee of $5.00/minute will be assessed per Pre-K student for pick-ups made after 6:00 P.M. If a family is late in excess of three times, a conference with the Principal will be required. Further tardiness may result in denial of services.
Extended Day Schedule Closures
Extended Day closures are listed on the STM Calendar, found on the front page of the school website. I
To register, please use this link: Extended Day Registration 2022-2023
* At this time there are no restrictions related to COVID but we will continue to follow CDC and Virginia Department of Education guidelines as they arise.