The Extended Day Program at St. Thomas More Cathedral School provides high quality child care administered by a caring staff. Open to students in Kindergarten - 8th grade, families can utilize this program before and after school, on an as-needed basis.
Pre-K families have a different extended day program, with its own registration process completed during enrollment; therefore, it is not necessary to complete this registration process for Pre-K students.
In order to adhere to current licensing guidelines, all students must have a complete PRE-REGISTRATION FORM for morning and/or afternoon Extended Day before the first day of school. There is no cost associated with completing this form and you will be charged your enrollment fee upon the first use of Extended Day.
You can also choose to ENROLL your student today and pay the enrollment fee upfront.
Morning Care - 7:00am - 7:40am
Extended Day - 3:15pm - 6:15pm
- Enrollment Fee: $100 per family.
- Families who ENROLL in the Extended Day Program will be charged $100 via FACTS upon completion of registration.
- Families who choose to only PRE-REGISTER must complete the registration form, but will not be charged the Enrollment Fee until their first use of the Extended Day program.
- Services will be billed to your FACTS account according to the schedule below:
- 1 child - $9.00 per hour or any portion of an hour
- 2 children - $16.00 per hour or any portion of an hour
- 3 children - $23.00 per hour or any portion of an hour
- 4 children - $30.00 per hour or any portion of an hour
Unregistered “drop-in” students will be charged $100 registration fee in addition to the hourly rate when this service is used.
Billing and Payment
- Families are billed on the 15th and 30th of each month, for the preceding two weeks, through FACTS.
- Services are billed at an hourly rate or any portion of an hour, per child.
- All accounts are due and payable upon receipt. Payments received beyond the due date may be assessed a late fee of either $10.00 or 10% of the total past due, whichever is greater. Lack of payment or consistently delinquent payments may result in suspension of services or dismissal from the program.
Pick-Up & Late Pick-Up Policies
Orderly and prompt pick-up from Extended Day is a condition of participation in the program. In the event of an emergency or if there is a change to the student’s normal pick-up arrangement (i.e., the student is to go home with another family), please notify the Extended Day Director and school office by filling out the Dismissal Change Request Form and submit it prior to 2:30pm that day.
Any students not picked up from Pre-K Extended Day by the 6:00pm close time will be sent to the K-8th Extended Day and assessed a $5.00/minute late pickup fee.
A late fee of $5.00/minute will be assessed for K-8th grade students for pick-ups made after 6:15pm.
If a family is late in excess of three times, a conference with the Principal will be required. Further tardiness may result in denial of services.
Extended Day Schedule Closures
Extended Day closures are listed on the STM Calendar, found on the front page of the school website.
Please use this link to Register: Extended Day Preregistration 2023-2024
If you have any questions about registration, please feel free to email Mrs. Nora Hoffman at [email protected].
To contact the Extended Day program directly, please call: (703) 528-6781 ext 9.
Day-to-Day, billing, etc. - Nina Page at [email protected]
Program Related questions - Nora Hoffman at [email protected]