St. Thomas More’s CYO Tennis Program kicks off each Fall for STM students and parish members with children in grades 3-8. We emphasize the development of fundamental tennis skills and growing together as a team in a Christ-centric environment. Teams are formed based on age/grade and skill level to ensure healthy competition in match play.
Practices are held at least once per week at a local court starting in early September and continue throughout the season which typically ends in early November. Days and times vary from season to season depending upon coach and player availability.
Regular season matches are held on Sunday afternoons at Fairfax County Middle Schools and High Schools from mid-September through late October. All available players will participate in matches. A playoff weekend or two typically extends into early November.
CYO sports are run by parents volunteering their time. If you have not done so already, please consider being Head Coach, Assistant Coach or Coach’s assistant.
St. Thomas More Cathedral School requires all families to use FACTS, an automated payment system, to process tuition payments. By using FACTS, you preauthorize your bank or credit card company to automatically transfer tuition funds to STM on the installment payment dates set up by the school. To facilitate timely payment of all incidental expenses, we encourage you to consider enrolling in auto-pay for your incidental expenses account.
STM also uses FACTS to bill families for all incidental charges incurred during the school year. These include charges for books and materials, milk, hot lunch, extended day usage, field trips, PTO dues, etc.
Have you heard about FORMED?
FORMED is an online Catholic teaching tool that provides videos, books, and audio talks to increase and deepen faith formation. St. Thomas More Cathedral Parish has purchased a subscription to FORMED which can be used by all of our parishioners, school families, and all those who live within our parish boundaries. Because this is an online tool, you can access materials 24/7 using your home computer, a smart phone, or tablet. Please take a moment to explore this wonderful website and watch some powerful videos.
- Click below, “Register” and select the Cathedral of St. Thomas More 3901 Cathedral Lane, Arlington, VA 22203
- Select next
- Enter your name and email
- Select Sign Up. Once you create your own account, you can begin accessing all materials for free.
Homework Hour Registration
School Directory, volunteer for PTO events, log volunteer hours and donations. There are two sites (which share the same login info) you will need to access:
- Register for a PTOffice account at: https://tools.ptoffice.com/reg/VA_STM_PTO.
- Registration Tutorial found here.
- This is where families edit their profile and contact information. You can choose which profile information is displayed in the online directory by editing your family contacts here. You can see a summary of your completed volunteer hours here, under Signups. Parents with additional responsibilities, such as event coordinators and room parents, can use this site to manage the volunteer sign-ups and send emails to their classrooms.
- Once you’ve created an account, you will use the following webpage on a regular basis: https://stmcathedralschool.ptoffice.com. (It’s a good idea to bookmark this page for future reference). This is where you can find volunteer opportunities, under Sign Ups, and search the school directory. There are also how-to guides and other information available under Resources.
* Mobile App: This app will give you a shortcut to Sign Ups and the school directory, called "Members".
Diocesan-wide, web-based Student Information System portal that houses family contact information and demographics for administrative purposes. It is used by teachers and parents in grades 4-8 to track tests, assignments and attendance throughout the school year, rather than having to wait until report cards are distributed.
Saint Thomas More Cathedral School firmly believes in creating a partnership between students, parents, teachers, and administration. To help in this regard, we ask each family to create a Parent Portal account. This proactive tool is meant to enhance Parent/Teacher communication.
The STM Parent Portal is used in two different ways:
Contact Information - For all students, the Parent Portal provides STM with the most up to date contact information for your family. By providing this information, you help to create a better partnership and dialogue between your family and the faculty that work with your child.
Student Grades and Progress (Grades 4-8) - Portal access in grades 4-8 allows your family to track your child’s progress by viewing assignments and grades. We hope that parents will use it regularly to become a partner in their child(ren)’s education. Students also receive login credentials in order to more easily track and be responsible for their assignments and grades. If you do not wish for your child to access their grades, please email [email protected].
How to log in to the Parent Portal - If you already have an account, you can login using your existing credentials. If you are new to PowerSchool, please follow the instructions below:
- Please click the My STM link at the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Use the access code provided by the school office to create a Parent Portal account. Don’t have an access code? Please email [email protected].
New families will receive access codes in early August.
Lunch delivery from local vendors directly to school to provide a secure, fast and easy way for parents to order, prepay and manage hot lunches online. You can choose which days to order - up to one month in advance.
All lunches are individually packaged and labeled with your child’s name, grade, teacher and dietary restrictions. Meals are nutritious, allergen-friendly and delivered fresh daily. If you miss the ordering window or have any questions about the menu, billing or the program, please contact Yay Lunch directly at [email protected] as they manage the program for St. Thomas More and are very responsive.
Returning families, please be sure to log in and update your child’s grade and teacher. In the teacher field, be sure to indicate your child's HOMEROOM teacher.
If you are NEW to the school or new to Yay Lunch, please follow the outlined steps below:
- Create an account on yaylunch.com (bookmark this page!).
- Add your child(ren) as “Lunchers."
- Choose St. Thomas More Cathedral School as the school.
- Add the grade and indicate your child's HOMEROOM TEACHER. Failure to do so, will result in difficulty delivering it to your child.
- Select lunches.
- Add a credit or debit card.
Need to make a last minute change or cancel an order? Please email [email protected] by noon the day prior to scheduled delivery.
Click HERE for FAQ.