Race for Education
Twelve years ago, St. Thomas More launched a very successful fundraising program called Race for Education. This program is an opportunity to engage students in a fundraiser that will directly benefit their education. Students solicit friends and family for donations to support them on race day. Students and faculty will walk or jog around a designated area of the school while raising money for new programs to enhance their education.
PledgeStar is a web based fundraising system that makes it much easier for you to request pledges from your family and friends, and for them to make secure credit card donations online. It’s fun, it’s easy, and people who use it typically raise twice as much as those who don’t! It takes just a few minutes of your time and it’s so much easier than mailing letters and spending money on postage!
The proceeds from this year’s race will be used to compliment and improve school resources to help our school maintain its competitive edge as the best school in Arlington. Funds will be used in a variety of ways:
- Upgrade campus-wide communication systems, including emergency communications, to a modern, mobile and wireless system allowing direct communications with the front office, between classes, and across the entire campus.
- A new closed-circuit news station – Royal TV will broadcast prayers, announcements, school news, and current events. As an example, the student-led crew will produce a daily morning show delivering school-wide prayers and announcements.
The STM Race for Education is October 23, so please login to the PledgeStar and create an account.
(Instructions on reverse)
- Go to http://pledgestar.com/stthomasmore
- Enter your name and email address, then click Register
- Follow the instructions on-screen
When you finish, the system emails pledge requests to your family and friends, and allows them to make secure credit card donations online. You get notified each time a pledge is made, and you can track your pledge progress online. For current parents of the school community, you may also make donations through your FACTS account.
Friends of St. Thomas More, including parishioners, alumni, local businesses or supporters of Catholic education – you can use this link below to contribute to the general RFE fund toward our goal: PledgeStar STM RFE Fund