Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the school day? When does it start?
Students should arrive no earlier than 7:40 am and should be picked up no later than 3:00 pm unless they are participating in the Extended Day program. The schoolyard monitor begins supervision at 7:40 am. Students entering the school after 8:02 am will be considered tardy and need to report to the clinic with their parent, guardian, or carpool driver for a tardy admit slip. If a child is ill or cannot attend school, the parent should call the school office by 9:00 am to inform the school of the absence.
What is the daily schedule for the school?
- 7:00 am Extended Day opens
- 7:40 am Schoolyard Monitors on duty
- 8:00 am First Bell, Students line up for Pledge of Allegiance
- 8:02 am Second Bell, Pledge of Allegiance / Enter building
- 8:07 am Morning Prayers and announcements
- 8:15 am All classes begin
- 11:10 am - 12:50pm (Three lunch and recess periods)
- 2:50 pm Afternoon Prayers and announcements
- 2:55 pm Dismissal
- 2:55 - 6:00 pm Extended Day (student will be checked into extended day as of 3 pm if not picked up as a car rider.)
How often do the students attend the liturgy?
Attendance at class/school liturgies is a priority at St. Thomas More Cathedral School. All students attend Mass weekly and on Holy Days. Parents are always welcome.
Is there a hot lunch program?
STM is currently providing a hot lunch program for students three days a week. Lunch tickets may be purchased in advance. Information regarding this program or the purchase of milk/juice will be sent home.
What is the dress code?