St. Thomas More Cathedral School is a welcoming Catholic learning community serving over 400 students in preschool through grade 8. STM parents, teachers, administrators and staff are dedicated to helping each child reach his or her greatest potential. Students are challenged to develop a faith life rooted in prayer and Christian service and to meet high expectations for academic achievement. We are very proud to have received the National Blue Ribbon School Award from the U.S. Department of Education.
Our Mission is to nurture and develop the spiritual, academic, social and emotional promise of each child in accordance with the teaching of the Catholic Church, rooted in Gospel values and led by the examples of the Master Teacher, Jesus Christ.
Philosophy of Learning
- We believe that learning begins in a safe, faith-filled, and nurturing environment with high spiritual and academic standards.
- We believe that learning is a cooperative experience involving self-motivation, self-discipline, peer assistance, teacher direction, and parent support.
- We believe that learning occurs most successfully in an atmosphere of acceptance and mutual respect that allows the students to question, to experiment, and to take risks in pursuit of spiritual and academic excellence.
- We believe that students have unique learning styles, talents, and abilities, and that each should be challenged to excel.
- We believe that teachers should teach with the love, respect, and patience that Jesus did, bringing each child to his or her full potential.
- We believe in recognizing the diversity of our school and community while training all students to understand and appreciate our unity in the teachings of the universal Church.
- We believe learning is a life-long endeavor bringing us closer to knowing, loving, and serving God consistently, despite an ever-changing world.
Adopted by the faculty February 2015